The Coronavirus in the Workplace
More Trainings by this Expert
The circumstances surrounding the coronavirus are continuing to develop each day, and with the rapid-fire nature of the modern media, details vary from broadcast to broadcast, leaving the audience in fear and confused as to what next steps they should take. Having a plan is the best course of action, and with the changing national condition, employers are feeling the pressure of growing concern.
As this potential pandemic continues to unfold each day, there are steps employers can take to prepare their workforce, encourage behaviors, and manage the business environment effectively so employees can continue to remain engaged and reduce the risk of panic and concern.
Why should you Attend:
If you are in a leadership position, experienced in HR or new to the Human Resources field, have employees who travel or have a concern about how you will manage your people through crisis, this presentation will help you to:
- Have employees who are presently quarantined or infected with COVID-19
- Are in HR or new to HR
- Alleviate your concerns and get clarity for your communication and behavior
- Assist you to avoid ambiguous messaging to ensure your workforce is fully aware and working through changes being implemented
- Manage the functional workplace through this crisis, including up to date insight on the constantly changing environment
- Address the business’ internal and external response to the Coronavirus and any other crisis that occur
- Review your current processes and plan ahead for potential issue areas
Managing HR is about mitigating risk, reducing conflict and pre-empting issues. The trouble right now is that there is an overwhelming amount of information, and conflicting directives from multiple sources. Because Brenda is monitoring the situation constantly and can apply her years of experience to the scenarios playing out, this presentation is vital for you to stay ahead of the changes and to ensure your workplace is proactively maintaining expectations, communication and function.
As a result of the training you will be better equipped to make decisions regarding the operation of your business, and be able to lead, or assist leaders in the business, and to prepare the business for ongoing change.
Areas Covered in the Session:
- Understand what impact the coronavirus has on the workplace
- Up-to-date litigation that is taking place in the US from COVID-19 related employer mistakes
- How to determine what precautions employers and managers can take to mitigate the spread
- Communicate effectively with employees through company-wide communication channels and managers
- Avoid the risks of miscommunication
- How to manage both Exempt and Non-exempt employees if the need arises for telecommuting
Who Will Benefit:
- Business Owners who are concerned about the spread of the coronavirus and ow absenteeism will impact productivity
- Anyone who is a new or experienced Manager and Supervisor
- HR Generalists and Administrative Assistants
- Payroll staff, and small business Administrative Assistants